What is your return policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase from David Astro. If, for any reason, you do not find yourself satisfied with your purchase, we will take back the product within 14 days from the date of receipt. It's important to note that all incurred shipping costs will be deducted from the refund, along with the non-refundable 3% credit card/PayPal fees or 6% Paybright/Affirm fee (unless you choose to receive a store credit, in which case these transaction fees will be waived).
To be eligible for a return, please ensure that:
- The product is returned in its original packaging and includes all supplied accessories, documentation and hardware.
- The product is returned in mint, resaleable condition.
- The product is free from damage, wear, blemishes, odors (cigarette) or any sign of use.
- The product is not a product we ordered to the manufacturer specifically for you.
Transaction Fees Deductions
Please note that a 3% transaction fee is associated with credit card and PayPal payments and a 6% transaction fee is associated with Paybright/Affirm payments, and these fees are not refunded to us. As a result, when processing refunds to these payment methods, the corresponding 3% or 6% fee will be deducted from the refund amount. However, we value your satisfaction and offer an alternative solution: if you opt for a store credit instead of a refund, we will not deduct the transaction fee from the credit amount. This way, you can enjoy the full value of your purchase as a store credit for future transactions with David Astro.
Shipping Cost Deductions
Customers are responsible for all shipping costs, which cover both the return to us and the original shipping cost incurred by us, unless the return is a result of our error (e.g., wrong item shipped, damaged product).
We strive to keep this process cost-effective for you, and as a courtesy, we can usually provide return labels at a lower cost than what you might find at your local post office.
Please be aware that we offer reduced shipping rates when you place an order online, the actual shipping cost incurred by us is most of the time higher than what we bill at checkout. The actual shipping costs for both the initial shipment and the return will be deducted from your refund.Responsibility for Safe Return
While we can assist with providing a return label, it is important to note that you, as the customer, bear the responsibility to ensure the item is securely packaged and protected from damage during the return shipment. Additionally, you are responsible for ensuring that the item reaches its destination in the condition in which it was sent. You can always ask for the returned package to be insured if you request a return label from us.
How can I return an order?
To initiate a return, please follow these steps:
- Read the complete return policy above and ensure you are eligible for a return.
- Contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receiving the item.
- Provide your order number, a reason for the return and confirm if you want a refund or a store credit. If you want a return label, please provide the box dimensions and weight.
- Our customer service team will provide you with a return authorization (RA) number and, if requested, a return label that you will need to print.
- Securely package the item with all its original accessories and packaging. Use transparent tape to seal the shipping box and be sure to remove the original shipping label.
- Tape the return label at the same place the original label was positioned.
- Clearly mark the RA number on the shipping label.
- Go to your local post office / UPS store / Purolator location to drop off the package. If we provided the return label, you can request a pickup by contacting us by email and confirming us, at least one day prior, a date you are available for the pickup.
All returns should be shipped to:
David Astro Inc.
690 de Montbrun
When will I receive my refund?
Upon receiving the returned item and conducting a thorough inspection of its condition, we will initiate the refund process. Your refund will be credited to the original payment method within a maximum of 7 business days. Please keep in mind that the refund process requires some time, and it cannot be completed instantly as soon as we receive the return shipment.
Can I return an item after the 14 days return window?
We understand that unexpected situations can arise, and customers may sometimes request exceptions to our return policy. However, we want to make it clear that our 14-day return window is a firm policy, and no exceptions will be made, regardless of the circumstances. It is your responsability to inspect the product, read the manual and do tests within our 14-day return window, even if the weather does not cooperate.
The item I received is defective
First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. If you receive a damaged or defective item, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will send you a replacement and arrange the return of the original product at our cost by sending you a return label. If you then decide to return the replacement product, you will be responsible for all shipping costs.
A product is considered "defective" when it exhibits a malfunction or flaw that significantly hinders its intended purpose, safety, or overall functionality. This definition does not encompass cases where a product may fall short of meeting personal performance expectations or preferences that are not inherent design or quality flaws but rather subjective judgments. In essence, a defective product is one that fails to meet the manufacturer's intended specifications.